Sunday 11 February 2007

The erupting Gingercake.....Argggghhhhh!

Well readers, I'm not even sure I should be sharing this with you considering it may forever put a black stain against my prowess in the kitchen but I'm gobsmacked on this! As I type, I have a Gingercake baking in the oven but I've renamed it 'Demon-cake' because this particular cake decided to take on a mind of its own and erupt on me. Don't believe me? See pic. I had to quickly place another baking pan on the shelf underneath to catch what seemed like a never-ending flow of gooey mess. I've baked these cakes countless times before without incident but today.......what can I say? It's a demon-cake! The only up-side is the beautiful aroma throughout the house which I'm hoping won't soon change to the smell of burnt cake droppings. I did open a new packet of Bicarbonate of Soda so I'm wondering what else they are packing into that stuff these days???


Demon Cake - © Serena Lewis


On a nicer note, here is a pic of Cody, now just over 13 weeks old.



Cody at 13 weeks old - © Serena Lewis


I didn't get much painting done this week with my classes starting back up for 2007 but it was nice to catch up with my students again after the annual break.

No comments:

Post a Comment