Wednesday 19 August 2009

MONDAY PHOTO-A-WEEK

i know, i know....it's actually wednesday but we can pretend, can't we? the past few days have been so busy that i've barely had any time at the computer at all. i still have to catch up with my bloggy friends too.

anyways, if you follow michelle's blog, you will already know that we went to mt. nebo on sunday for a walk through the rainforest. it was so nice and we all had a great time! the weather was perfect and the walking trail was good enough for bradley to negotiate with minimal assistance. afterwards, michelle and alex treated us to a delicious lunch of fish and chips. YUM!

deciding on which trail to walk


aaron in the foreground, beau in the middle and alex in the rear,
walking sticks at the ready



michelle in the foreground, me in the middle, and brad in the rear


aaron inside the hollow of a tree


this is actually some type of parasitic vine that, over time, has enveloped a large tree, then has fed off it until the host tree ended up dying and disintegrating, leaving nothing but a hollow centre and the montrous, killer vine in its place. a wonderful specimen of the tree-vine but kinda sad for the tree that it killed, isn't it?


into the light


and finally, a picturesque view from jollys lookout, mount nebo


i will post tomorrow re. my artist's way journey.

til then

love, light and peace

20 comments:

  1. Great pics Mum! It was a great day out.

    I couldn't help but laugh at you with your walking stick. It looks like you are about to take flight on it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Mum! It was a great day out.

    I couldn't help but laugh at you with your walking stick. It looks like you are about to take flight on it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL...I noticed I had an odd-looking stance in the pic but I couldn't help but laugh at you thinking I'm about ready to take flight....maybe I'm part-witch...cackle, cackle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fish & chips.. lovely.
    actually you with that walking stick looks much like a Druid would

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely day out. I too love to walk through forests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, Robyn, I like the sound of that....funnily enough, I'm reading a Barbara Erskine book that has a Druid as one of the characters.

    Yes, we did, Shashi....I love being out in nature ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely hike! It is so great that everyone seems so happy to be out in nature together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these pics are awesome!
    Who cares what day it is?
    Love the one of the long tall tree the best.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that vine is so cool, nature can do some fascinating things sometimes :)

    gorgeous view :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful day out you had! I need to do things like that more often. I should say, I need to them ...period!
    Darla♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fascinating place, and lovely views! Great place for the exercise you apparently got from the hike.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahhahah.....I'm so glad I wasn't the only late one !!

    cute pics.... love the walk area....

    oh...and I must explain that we did not apply each 1/2 inch mosaic tile individually !! they come in 12 inch square sheets...you just cut those and then use thin set to apply each piece. Then...when dry...apply grout....now... I will apply the sealer...so..yeh..it is still work...just not as intensive as doing each little bugger individually.... I would need my head seeing to if I attempted that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love that tree vine thingie! Sad for the tree, but what an amazing imafe. I'd love to sculpt that.

    I enjoy seeing pictures of you and your family- it's obvious how close and loving you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhhh...I just love trees and paths. Looks like a lovely day out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures Serena. I am sure you had a lovely time walking and taking in all of natures beauty. I love that monster vine. Too bad it killed the tree. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are so cool. We have a tree in sherwood forest with a large hole in it similar to this tree. Said the Robin hood use to hide in it. So old it is roped off to visitors. So can look but not touch. So pleased there are some trees you can still climb in.
    Thank you so much for your lovely message.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pleased you have these happening too. Family are so strong together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. And what a fun time. I didn't know Australia had rainforests?!?

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful place, and what a *fabulous* way to spend a day. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pics--love the trees, killer vines, walking sticks, family, and scenery. Looks like a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete