Sunday 5 March 2017

A day trip to the country

I've been a little under the weather on and off over the past few days but, today, we decided to take a drive out country for the monthly Moment Catchers challenge hosted by Candace Rardon.  You can check out her beautiful blog HERE.

Rain, and even a thunderstorm, had been forecast but I'm glad we ignored the warnings because it turned out to be a beautiful, albeit very hot, day. Thank goodness we have air-conditioning in the car!

First up, we went to Beaudesert where we stopped for lunch at a small park which backs onto the town's main Jubilee Park. Jack and Cody, our fur-kids, came along too.

Bradley doing some reading in the shade...

...while I did a quick sketch of the windmill not far from where we sat. This is a work-in-progress shot and I do plan to finish it up from photos I took.

My sketch was rushed because a certain someone, who shall remain nameless, complained that they were bored and wanted to hit the road and explore the surrounding areas. He figured sitting on the car, ready to go, was a big enough hint.

So, we hit the road again and drove out Kerry way before heading home.

A quaint little country church named St. Johns. I may sketch this soon.

We pulled over at one point to take photos of the lovely view. I love those clouds!

And that was our day. What did you get up to this fine Sunday?

I'm also linking up with Sunday Sketches this week hosted by amazing illustrator, Alexandra Macvean. You can check out her blog HERE. To see the work of other participants, click HERE.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

20 comments:

  1. Love that windmill sketch, and I really hope you sketch that little church. It will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula...I definitely plan sketch that church and will post it when I do. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your lovely day and that beautiful windmill sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful windmill illustration! I'm glad that you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely windmill illustration and wonderful photos ~ glad weather turned nice and you had a good time ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol.

      Enjoy the rest of your week ~ :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful beginning to your windmill sketch. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juana. I am feeling much better, thanks. :)

      Delete
  6. lovely blue sky :D and your windmill sketch looks good, I like the unfinished look it has. gives it character

    sunday was spent washing my hair lol its at the length its almost an all day affair lol might be time to chop it all off and start again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen...I don't mind the unfinished look either to be honest.

      I remember my long hair days where a hair-wash was practically a daily event. haha I recently cut my hair to just under 2" below the bottom of my chin....quick to wash. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, such lovely, lovely sketches! How nice to get out and about--even if you-know-who wanted to get going too soon--LOL! ;) I spent Sunday doing laundry. Yours looks like a lot more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita. We did indeed have a fun day out. :) I did my laundry the following day.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you and your kids - fur and human alike - had a great day. Well, apart from the point where a certain someone got bored at one point, but I'm sure he had a good day overall.

    Hope you're feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tori. Yes, Aaron enjoyed the driving around because he is on his Learners Licence and gets to drive and get his driving hours up before he goes for his licence. They have to do 100 hours of driving before they are able to go for their licence here.

      I'm feeling much better thanks. :)

      Delete
  9. This is such a lovely idea! I once did the 75 day sketch challenge... It was tough keeping it up, but now I just love looking back at all of those sketches! Looks like you had a lovely day... I am SO looking forward to the warmer weather... Only 9 degrees today, but at least the sun is shining!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. I did a 75 day ink sketch challenge where we were only supposed to sketch with ink...that was fun! And I got an artistic licence from the challenge host to acknowledge it.

      You're looking forward to warmer weather while I'm looking forward to winter...bear in mind, our winters are very mild by comparison to English winters. :)

      Delete
  10. What a lovely day! That church is so sweet, I hope you do sketch it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed, Darla. I will definitely sketch the church. I have some pics of other churches I've taken photos of on various day trips so I might do a double spread in my sketchbook to feature them all.

      Have a lovely week! :)

      Delete